Latest Instagrams
Sunday, January 22, 2017

Do It For the 'Gram | Greetings From...

The view from up here is great! The wind...not so much. 

Here I am missing the point.

For the first outfit post of the year, I am not in California! Greetings from Barcelona! I'm studying abroad until May, so stick around for better backgrounds and hopefully better 'fits. That being said, I tried to stray away from the "athletic shoe-wearing, selfie stick-carrying" tourist cliché by dressing for different kinds of attention. The pastel pink teddy coat. Metallic shoes. Yellow-tinted sunglasses. All this along with my references to "The Cheetah Girls 2" had me sticking out like a fuzzy pink sore thumb. (I'm definitely Galleria.) But what a happy thumb!

As the first post of 2017, what's there to look forward to? Not much, but the same themes we've seen for a little while now. The 70s obsession now comes in the form of yellow-tinted sunglasses. The sleaze-chick, cool girl vibes of that decade still reign supreme. The times of hiding your sus eye rolls are over, especially in the current state of the world. I can definitely see ladies like Angela Davis and Gloria Steinem becoming mainstream sources of fashion inspiration. Personally, the yellow-tint definitely came in handy and made the Spanish sky look a little less grey this past weekend.

I've mentioned patches before, but not in 2017! From patches to "graffiti" writing on clothing, DIY has been and continues to be cool. Two-tone denim definitely falls under this category and I suggest you purchase them in-store, unless the risk of ruining two pairs of jeans gives you a thrill. I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon, but I wouldn't spend the money on mass produced "punk culture"...try your hand at a true DIY. 


What I'm Wearing:
Primark Coat | Pull & Bear Jeans | Dr. Marten's sneakers 


No comments:

Post a Comment