Latest Instagrams
Friday, April 15, 2016

My Perfect Music Festival


I am currently en route to Coachella, so this marks the beginning of my "sorry I won't stop talking about this music festival and adding salt to your FOMO wounds" period. By the end of the weekend I'm sure all of you will have sworn off social media after seeing yet another photo of a girl eating a watermelon slice on the Polo Fields. My apologies. 


While there is no shortage of women in the audience, there is definitely a lack of female headliners at Coachella. This year, only 47 female artists (solo or band members) are playing out of the festival's 162 act lineup. That's 29%! You would think such a fashion-obsessed festival would have more female artists on the bill, but that's sadly not the case. 

I was inspired by TickPick to create my own festival line up, so I tried to think of a few female-lead acts that I would love to see in a music festival setting. All the female acts on this line-up are also unapologetically pop. My line-up still swings in favor of the men, but hey, one of them's a hologram! 

I'm obsessed with Carly Rae Jepsen's latest album, E•MO•TION, which has been loved by critics and fans alike but was still snubbed at the past Grammys. The 70s and 80s synth-pop influences dominate this album and fellow headliner, David Bowie, compliments her sound for obvious reasons. I definitely cheated with the other three since I'll be seeing CHVRCHES this weekend and I've already seen HOLYCHILD and Mr Little Jeans...

Hopefully I'll make it to most of the acts I plan on seeing this weekend, if not I know I'll be able to score some tickets to their local show or any other event with TickPick without ticket fees creepin' up on me since they don't have any hidden fees.


This post was created in collaboration with TickPick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment