Latest Instagrams
Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Lust List #2



I can almost taste summer vacation. The only things standing between myself and freedom are my finals and the move-out date for my apartment. To distract myself from these stressful situations, I do what I do best: window shop. I have compiled a small list of things I hope to find as soon as I purge half my closet. (Most of the things I'm lusting after would be great to have for the adventures I hope to have this summer.) Until then, I'm just going to continue to complain about the heat as I walk from class to class.

Keep on reading to see my current lust list and tricks to make spring cleaning/moving out/finding something of value to sell to second-hand stores as effortless as possible.




Although I've been trying to dedicate more time to studying, I've really been spending far too much time on YouTube than I have on my schoolwork. I haven't been watching anything new either. I just keep going back to my "Recently Watched" section over and over again. I've been really into American Vogue and British Vogue's respective YouTube channels, but especially British Vogue. One of my favorite videos of their's has been the "Inside the Wardrobe of Camille Rowe." She is a French-American model who seriously looks good in anything. She can seriously rock a red lip and should be credited for my current love of red. 

Satin bomber: I promise I'll stop talking about bomber jackets, but I'm a sucker for satin. No matter your fashion taste, the satin bomber is perfect for adding the extra touch to a simple outfit or downplaying a rather formal look. Hopefully I'll be able to sell some of my (now useless) winter coats so I don't feel bad for spending a pretty penny on another jacket. 

My shopping habits have made it very clear that the biggest problem I'll have to tackle when I move out is my closet. By now I'm sure we all know how to separate reject clothes into respective piles for donation and second-hand shops, but you should all add a recycle option. You can easily find clothing recycle centers via Google, but H&M also has a recycling program with a discount incentive. I usually recycle piece that have holes in them (from wear, not aesthetic), major stains, or any other indication that have been worn in a little too well. Taking the time to go through your clothes carefully will ensure that they aren't just trashed and you can feel better about restocking ;). (If you're just revamping your closet altogether, velvet hangers are the best.)

Flared denim: The 60s/70s trend isn't going anywhere. In fact, some fashion publications suggest the power of the trend is so strong that skinny jeans are on their way out. Flared and boot-cut denim are giving the boot to your favorite ankle grazers. (Pun intended.) I don't think this trend is going to die, especially since skinny jeans are a staple for any pop-punk kid or Saint Laurent model, nor could I ever bear to part with some of my black skinnies. I'm not sure if I buy the idea that flared denim makes you look thinner, but I'm definitely on the look for a pair of high-waisted flares in a good ol' blue wash. 

Candy-frame sunglasses: Say goodbye to circle lenses because the return of candy-frame sunglasses are here. Essentially, we're trading in John Lennon for Kurt Cobain. Before Hedi Slimane left Saint Laurent, he released the Surf Sound Collection and everyone is going crazy for it. Arguably, the craze over this sunglass shape came from Acne Studios and the candy-colors came from Prada...but no matter who started it I can't afford any of them. Hopefully I can find a pair in-store to see if the shape and frame combination suits my face and lack of a nose bridge. If you're looking for these kind of sunglasses on a frugal budget, look for oval-shaped (NOT circle or cat-eye) sunglasses or just type "Nirvana Costume Glasses" into Amazon. You're welcome.

Pins: I've been talking about pins since my "Holiday Gift Guide" from December, but I've been really into them ever since I was young...I was one of those kids who was into Disney Pin Trading. If that post didn't convince you to start accessorizing your old denim or bomber jackets, I'm telling you that you should get on that A$AP. Not only is it a great way to show off different bands/shows/emojis you're into, but they're more accessible than ever. It feels like more and more online pins shops are popping up everyday, with different cheeky sayings and images as their signature '"thing." Even Urban Outfitters, aka the ultimate indicator and murderer of mainstream trends, has begun carrying pins. 

Living in southern California means I have the privilege of living an endless state of summer, which is why I have things like a beach towel, water bottle and wicker basket on my list. Hopefully I can get the wicker basket soon, especially since I love a good picnic on the beach and I'm always on the lookout for fun outside movie events.

Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what you think of these pieces, whether you love them or hate them, or anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment