Latest Instagrams
Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Back to Black



Contrary to my actions, I hate all-black outfits. Reason #1: it's so hard to find pieces that are all the same shade of black. Depending on the fabric and age, the coloring can be off or you can even mix up black and a dark navy piece. Reason #2: people seem to think an all-black look gives them an air of sophistication. For this I'm pointing the blame on the monochromatic aesthetic of The 1975 and Arctic Monkeys that took over the Internet in 2013 along with current viral use of Pinterest quotes. (No one cares that you drink coffee as black as your soul.) I was definitely embracing the pseudo-indie kid mentality when I was "monochrome-or-die" and afraid of wearing any color. 

That being said, my current "go-tos" are black so I am showcasing them in this exact kind of outfit. The three pieces have been this Missguided bomber jacket, ribbed bodysuits, and this big buckled bet via ASOS. Bomber jackets have been around for a while now, but it should be a staple piece because it'll keep you warm and its satin-look elevates an outfit. Black bodysuits have gained importance in my wardrobe over a LBD, especially since the majority of bottoms I wear are high-waisted. This belt was a spur-of-the-moment purchase because I was feeling left out on the trend. Although this piece gives off "Western" vibes, you can definitely style it for your aesthetic.


No comments:

Post a Comment