Latest Instagrams
Monday, November 9, 2015

Same Old, Same Old







I am currently trying to curb my shopping habits. This stemmed from the realization that I keep buying things that are nearly identical to pieces I already own (read: striped shirts) or are too outlandish to wear on a regular day. This fuels my "I keep shopping but seem to be wearing the same thing everyday!" dilemma. 

 Alexander Wang's SS16 collection inspired me to add a fresh take on pieces I've worn to death. If you haven't seen it, his collection is filled with chains, fishnets and metallic pieces. He did have striped tops, but I'll restrain myself. Unfortunately, I cannot rock nor afford AWang's fishnet sports top, but I do own fishnet tights thanks to my last-minute halloween costume. This time last year I was wearing tights under jeans for warmth and now they're just an accent. This pair of jeans were once in far better shape and color, but I think the fishnet detail give them a second life.  Bodysuits like this one have been worn to the ground with the 70s trend, but like a LBD they can be worn with anything. The lattice detail coordinates perfectly with the tights and the underlying theme of showing skin in a way that's more appropriate for this time of year.

While I attempt to find pieces with more character (read: tasteful metallics), I suppose the next things to tackle are looking at the camera and figuring out what exactly to do with those hands. Baby steps, everyone.

What I'm Wearing:

No comments:

Post a Comment