Latest Instagrams
Monday, November 2, 2015

October Favorites


Verve Coffee Roasters in DTLA
Between midterms and halloween,  I haven't been purchasing things besides coffee. Along with that, I am also a creature of habit so my cosmetics and skin care rarely change. Most of my favorites have been entertainment-related since I have found more time in my day to do other things besides school work. Let me know what you loved in October in the comments below!
Lucky Brand Breah Bootie: This pair was featured in my recent purchases post and I've been wearing them non-stop. I don't regret investing in them. Since the inside is leather, they obviously took some breaking in. At first they kept making fart sounds, which reminded me of the scene in Aristocats when the butler is trying to be discreet when abandoning the cats and his shoes keep squeaking...ANYWAYS. Nothing else to say except Lucky Brand makes a great bootie!
Shoutout to myself for not having any incriminating websites bookmarked. Way to go.
Jane the Virgin: Shoutout to Netflix for adding this show onto the site and automatically skipping the episode recaps while I've been binge watching. I remember seeing this show's advertising around town and would refuse to watch it mainly because it's on the CW. I assumed it would be like Vampire Diaries with its reliance on hot people and plot-twists rather than a solid narrative. I couldn't be more wore wrong. It's satirical romantic-comedy loosely based on telenovelas and everything about the show is amazing. Despite the daunting feat of a 22-episode long first season, I'm already caught up to the most current episode. For the record, I'm #TEAMMICHAEL.

Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and Eric Klinenberg: This school year, I've made a goal to read at least one book a month. For the past two months I've only read one per month and have loved them both. For October, that book was Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and Eric Klinenberg. Reading this book is like experiencing Aziz's stand-up at the turn of every page. He even admits that inspiration from this book came from the bit he does when he reads the text messages of an audience member and their current *~flame/hook-up/tinder match~*. The book was equally smart as it was funny, citing his personal life as well as actual research. After reading this book, I googled 'aziz ansari girlfriend' and the two of them are still together and very adorable.

I've also realized I gravitate towards collections of essays, rather than narratives, so if you have any narrative-story recommendations, leave titles below!

Gym bag: Danielle Guizido via Nasty Gal
5lb hand weights via Target: This last favorite is a little strange. I started going to the gym on campus to run on the treadmill and I quickly realized how many boys never wipe their sweat off the equipment! Disgusting!! It's also a little unsettling how everyone can judge your workout so I bought a pair of hand weights to use in the comfort of my own apartment. I'm not currently measuring my physical progress because I have yet to commit to a workout schedule. This routine is mainly a way for me to relieve stress and to help me focus during those days when I can't be bothered to start schoolwork.

Spotify Favorites
I'm actually surprised I've been consistent with my monthly playlists for the entire year of 2015. It probably helps that I have Spotify. Here are some of my favorites from October:
Circles -- machineheart and Vanic
Coastal Love -- Honne
Contagious -- Night Riots
Cake By The Ocean -- DNCE
Swim -- Fickle Friends
The Trouble with Us -- Marcus Marr and Chet Faker
Hello -- Adele
Sorry -- Justin Bieber

No comments:

Post a Comment