Latest Instagrams
Tuesday, October 20, 2015

In the Details


 Scarves and suede pieces are hard to wear without looking like you've walked out of a cheesy western. The key is to style these pieces in outfits you would already wear as opposed to dressing in a way that seems completely out of place. I'm always wearing sneakers and minimal color, so I focused on those details. Let's start with the shoes: I chose my Dr. Martens for their metallic detailing to tie in the silver detailing in my bag. These *flashier* sneakers have a slight platform and work better than my Adidas' because that pair are a trend within themselves. The top reminded me of something from Chloé and added feminine detail that is overshadowed by the intense sneakers. Overall, there seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to complement suede pieces with gold hardware, but I stuck to my own preference for silver hardware. (These images also served as inspiration.)

See how I similarly styled a suede skirt here.

What I'm Wearing:
Max Studio jacket (via Neiman Marcus Last Call) | H&M tank top | Abercrombie & Fitch jeans | Dr. Martens sneakers



No comments:

Post a Comment