Latest Instagrams
Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September Favorites

It's that time of the month to reflect on some of my favorite things that I've worn, read, watched and listened to throughout September. September was such a weird month for me because I had to adjust to college life in a different school. (That's one of the reasons why I haven't been posting as frequently. You can imagine how awkward is it asking someone you've known for two weeks to take outfit photos for you.) Maybe I'll save that for a different post. Until then, here are my September favorites.






Weezer shirt: I bought this shirt mainly because I needed a band tee to wear besides my Iron Maiden one. I've been in a funk where all I wear are solid color v-necks or band tees, so I added this Weezer one into the mix. It's a men's shirt, which means it's not fitted for a woman's curves so I went for a men's large. It looks like a dress on me, but it's super comfortable for those days when I have back-to-back lectures. It's also a great conversation starter for those times I'm stuck in a crowded elevator to class.

Abercrombie and Fitch jeans: I'm sure when a majority of people think of Abercrombie and Fitch they get flashbacks to 7th grade when it was cool to layer multiple tank tops or wear branded A&F shirts. A&F have finally updated their inventory too. They're more Brandy Melville and less 2007-middle school so you don't have to feel embarrassed to admit you shop there. The only thing I'm happy hasn't changed is the quality of their jeans. Some of my blue jeans from them have lasted a good 2+ years so I decided to invest in a couple black pairs during their last denim sale. I would highly recommend because they've proven to me they do last. 

Adidas Superstars: I've caught Adidas fever far too late in the game. There's really nothing else to say.

Society6 Tropical Glam Banana Leaf Case: I used to have this hard matte marble case on my Macbook, but it wasn't the best quality. It turned red from rubbing against the inside of my backpack, the matte coating started chipping and it hardly protected my laptop. (It now has a lovely dent in it.) Instead of buying another hardshell, I invested in this banana leaf laptop case from Society6. Society6 is great for two reasons: 1. the quality is amazing and 2. the artists get commission off their prints, as opposed to other sites where they might be getting ripped off! 

The Martian by Andy Weir: OKAY! I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! I'M TYPING REALLY FAST NOW! I picked it up while parading around The Last Bookstore in DTLA earlier this month. I was really interested in it because one of my favorite Youtubers, Jenn Im, had this book in a favorites video and I had also seen the trailer for the movie. (What's the deal with Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain in space movies?) Andy Weir's book is written in mostly daily logs by astronaut Mark Watney, but there is also a narrator telling us what's happening from NASA's perspective. Mark Watney is so charming and I've laughed out loud so many times while reading this that my roommates probably think I'm crazy. Note: pay attention to the book because there are so many acronyms like MAV, EVA, HAB, WTF and a bit of science talk. I'm so happy the movie has also been getting stellar reviews, I can't wait to see it later this week!

Naked Palette by Urban Decay: This palette has become a rediscovery ever since I started a make-up routine. If I'm being honest, I started applying makeup again because I realized I gain most of my confidence when my brows and eye makeup are on-point. The whole process of a routine is also very relaxing in the morning. My skin has been super clear lately so I only focus on my eyebrows and my...eyelids. My favorite trick when applying eyeshadow is using a damp MAC 217 brush before swirling it in the product. It helps minimize fall out and intensifies the color.


MTV's Scream TV: While waiting for fall primetime TV shows to air, I was persuaded by my friend, Josine, to watch the Scream TV series. You don't have to be a fan of the original movies, but it adds to the viewing experience. In terms of gore, there really isn't any.(After all it's MTV.) I finished the entire first season in 2 1/2 days. I really loved this series because the dialogue is so quick-witted and self-aware. The characters often reference current pop culture too (just like the original). Unlike other television shows targeted towards teenagers, the showrunner doesn't use celebrity actors to get ratings or use extreme fan-input to help steer the direction of the show. (*cough* Ryan Murphy) For the record, I totally knew who the killer was. 





That's it for my September favorites! Look out for an outfit post for transitioning into fall! Until then, feel free to follow me on twitter, instagram or tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment