Latest Instagrams
Thursday, August 6, 2015

Lollapalooza Photo Diary


LANY - BMI Stage
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Walk the Moon
Twenty One Pilots
Halsey
If I'm being honest, I'm still trying to recover from the weekend. In hindsight, I feel like I never take enough photos at festivals, but there's always next year. ;-)

Unlike my prior plans, I did see some repeat acts at Lolla that I've seen previously at Coachella or their own shows like The Weeknd, Marina and the Diamonds, FKA Twigs, Charli_XCX, Kid Cudi and Banks just to name the ones off the top of my head. My favorite acts of the weekend were LANY, Zella Day, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Wombats and Twenty One Pilots.  Also a piece of advice, when it comes to choosing between DJ sets and bands, go to the band. I hate myself for choosing Dillon Francis over alt-j. The biggest vibe-killers of the weekend were the lack of sound at the Walk the Moon set and of course Sunday's evacuation that only lasted for half an hour and later that night lighting forced Lolla to close right at 10 pm, instead of 10:45 pm like the adjusted schedule said. 

The biggest difference between Lollapalooza and Coachella, besides Grant Park's curfew, is the obvious fact that Lolla is really about the music while Coachella has you worrying about all the celebrities going, what you're wearing, taking the best photos, etc all on top of the lineup. Also, the lobster corn dogs at Lolla alone put the menu at Coachella to shame. I definitely didn't get to see all the acts I wanted to, so I suggest utilizing the Lolla after shows to make it easier to decide who to sacrifice when at the festival. I'm definitely going to do that next year, but until then, here's hoping the acts I missed will have a tour stop near me or be at another festival soon!
What I wore:


No comments:

Post a Comment