Latest Instagrams
Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Current Skincare

Most of the time when people ask how I keep my skin so clear, I either reply "It's the Asian genes." or I'll thank my mom for nervously running around me, trying to protect my skin from the sun. But now I've been sticking to a skin care routine and I thought I'd share that instead of really embarrassing anecdotes. I've gone through many different kinds of products, both higher end and drug store, and here are the products that have been working for me recently!


I'm starting off with the usual morning/night time routine I've adapted. The first product is the Checks and Balances cleanser by Origins. I actually picked it up in the checkout line of Sephora where all the travel sized products are. This product is said to work for combination skin types and even though I am mostly oily I think it's fine. It gets foamy when you rub it in with water, so the product lasts longer. I also really love its spearmint smell. 
The second step is Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 3. Not entirely sure why they call it a lotion, when it's a gentle exfoliating toner, but okay. I used to use a scrub on my face multiple times a week to try to minimize my excess oil and the blackheads on my nose, but this toner works way better. I put a generous amount on a cotton pad and swipe away all the gross stuff on my face. I've seen a lasting difference and it also picks up whatever dirt and makeup was left on my face. 
The third step is Clinique's Moisturizing Gel. I was kind of talked into buying this product when I was getting the clarifying lotion, but I used to use it a lot when I first started getting acne when I was younger. I don't have much to say about this product, but I like how it moisturizes my face without making me feel oily. 
I mentioned the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion in my May Favorites, but hey it's part of my skin care routine. I picked this up because 1) I am easily influenced by YouTube beauty vloggers and 2) my skin got used to the Tea Tree oil I used to use for problem spots. Besides the smell of alcohol I think this is a really cool product and it really saves the day.
These are two of my favorite fresh masks from Lush. Both are meant for oily skin, but Cupcake is better for those days when you're feeling like treating your skin to something nice and Cosmetic Warrior is meant for those days when your skin is just not cooperating. I also mentioned Cosmetic Warrior in my May Favorites and I still love it! Like I've said before, if you're going to wear that one, just wash thoroughly because it's pretty garlic-y.
These final products are also from Lush and I use them after a work out.  I've also been sticking to a workout routine, so I needed something to refresh my skin and keep it clean during the day. I also noticed that my skin would just get dull and oily after the whole ordeal. The bar on the left is called Movis and it's meant to help the skin feel fresh and look more glowing. It smells amazing so I don't mind looking like I'm rubbing a piece of toast on my face in the gym locker room. The second is the Tea Tree toner. Not only is it refreshing, but it's also supposed to even out discoloration. I just spritz this on my face and I'm ready to take on the rest of my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment