Latest Instagrams
Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Favorites

Most of my purchases/favorites this month we're all geared towards make-up and skin care. I'll be posting another post with my skin care routine real soon. For now, these are some of the products that really stuck out.


  1. Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum: This was more of a necessity than anything else. When your lips get chapped, you just got to exfoliate. The pink tint of the scrub also leaves a bit of color to the lips, too.
  2. Lush's Fresh Face Mask in Cosmetic Warrior: My skin has been getting really oily and I've had a couple of stubborn pimples on my cheeks. I really love Lush's masks because they don't irritate my skin like others. The only downside to this mask is that is smells like garlic, so save this for a night-in.
  3. Mario Bedescu Drying Lotion: I decided to give this product a try after Claire Marshall (heyclaire on YouTube) recommended this product in her March Beauty Review. This product is pretty cool: you just dip a cotton swab into the pink sediment, apply it to your problem areas, and leave it overnight. There's alcohol inside, so the smell will get to you if you have a couple problem areas near your nose. 
  4. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: I recently decided to start doing winged eyeliner again. I've tried different eyeliner pens, like Stila's Stay All Day liner and Eyeko's Eye Do liner, but Kat Von D's is like no other. Eyeko's was a felt tip pen and dried out way too quickly and Stila's formula rubbed off too quickly. I have high standards when it comes to my eyeliner, especially since I have hooded eyelids and I hate it when my eyeliner rubs off and lands under my eyes. The Kat Von D liner is a brush-tip so it creates precise lines that I can build up on.
  5. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder: This is another product I'm trying out because of my favorite YouTube vloggers. I used to live by my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, but it became too pink-toned for me. Too Faced's powder is translucent so it doesn't change the color of my foundation and it also keeps me matte all day.

Music Favorites
  • LANY: My friends told me about this band during the past month and I've fallen in love. Their song "ILYSB" is one of my all-time favorite songs. Whoever said pop was meant for 12-year-olds never heard these guys. They're a vibe.
  • F**ked Up -- Young Rising Sons: I saw Young Rising Sons earlier this month when they opened up for The Kooks on tour. This is their newest single and it's really catchy. 10/10 would recommend you to put on your summer playlist.
  • Destruction -- Joywave: Joywave is another band that opened up for The Kooks during their current tour. They opened up with this song and played it twice since the crowd energy wasn't up to speed the first time 'round. The whistling in this song is very catchy and makes me wish I could actually whistle. This song definitely makes me feel badass when I'm walking to class.
  • Blue -- Marina and the Diamonds: The melody of this song is so great. I was hesitant of Marina's new album since I loved her Electra Heart era so much, but FROOT keeps surprising me.

No comments:

Post a Comment