Latest Instagrams
Sunday, May 3, 2015

April Music Favorites

I don't have many tangible favorites from the month of April because most of my energy was focused on music. I am the most annoying person on Earth, in the way that once I have a big weekend or something significant it's all I talk about until the next big event rolls around. During the month of April that event was (cue the eyerolls)...Coachella. Most of the music I listened to over the past month was in preparation for the festival, but my music favorites do have a few other tracks. Here are some photos from some of my favorite performances from the past month, as well as this past weekend. I know most are repeats of pictures I posted in my Coachella Photo Diary, but in my defense I was more into vibing in the moment than snapping a pic.

Bad Suns -- Coachella
Glass Animals -- Coachella
FKA Twigs -- Coachella
Marina and the Diamonds -- Coachella
Coasts -- April 27
Madeon -- May 1
Young Rising Sons -- May 2
The Kooks -- May 2


Standouts:
  • Bitch I'm Madonna -- Madonna, Nicki Minaj: THIS IS SUCH A FUN SONG. I only wish Madonna performed this during Drake's set at Coachella because it's a fun track to vibe to...and I was hoping Nicki would come out for her verse.
  • Left Hand Free -- Alt-J, Lido Remix: If I'm being honest, it's far more catchy than the original track.
  • Sparks --Hilary Duff: My childhood queen is making her comeback. Apparently this song was written by Tove Lo, which is another reason why I love it. I'm really happy she's swaying away from the Colbie Callait-vibes her earlier comeback singles had.
  • I Want What You Have -- Willamette Stone: My friends may or may not have been watching If I Stay on constant repeat. Maybe.
  • Glitterbug -- The Wombats: This last one isn't a track, but the newest album from The Wombats. The singles off this album called "Greek Tragedy" and "Give Me a Try" were on previous monthly favorites, so clearly this album is a favorite of mine. The rest of the tracks hold their own and it's just SO good. I appreciate the fact that the Wombats can tweak their sound a bit to stay current, but not so much that it sounds like a new band altogether.


No comments:

Post a Comment