Latest Instagrams
Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Favorites


Happy April Fool's Day! I honestly hate this lame excuse of a holiday but if giving your friends anxiety by faking pregnancy is fun for you then go wild. I can't believe how fast this year is going by. In March I actually compiled quite a few bits for my monthly favorites.
  1. Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation: Last month I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new foundation. The lack of sunlight caused me go to pale, leaving all my other foundations too orange for my current skintone. This formula is super matte and at first it does make my skin look a tad cake-y, but by the time I'm ready to leave for class my complexion looks flawless.
  2. St. Ives Apricot Scrub and Simple Cleansing Micellar Water: Another factor that attributed to my flawless-looking complexion have been these two products. I am prone to blackheads around my nose, so I use the St. Ives Apricot scrub three times a week to help minimize them. It's nothing stellar, but it gets the job done. However, I am looking for a new scrub since Google says St. Ives isn't as natural as it says it is. I picked up Simple's Micellar water after running out of my previous toner.  I like the concept of micellar water because it gently and effectively removes all my make up and my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards.
  3. Necessary Clothing Bralette: I picked up this bralette during my trip to New York City in the middle of March. I really love the details on it and it looks super cute paired with a loose v-neck and jeans. I always gravitate towards pieces like this that make a simple tee and jeans outfit look a bit more put together. 
  4. Dr. Martens Alexei: This pair of shoes probably shouldn't count since I only bought them last week. Oh well. It's kind of obvious that I'm a sucker for white sneakers. Instead of hopping on the Stan Smith trend, I came across these babies at the Dr. Martens store in Santa Monica. They're perfect for the warmer months and the metal cap on the toe gives me Miu Miu vibes.
  5. Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay: This book is just great. I picked it up because I needed a good read for the many plane rides I took over the month of March and this book definitely captured my attention. Bad Feminist is an arrangement of different essays Roxane Gay has written about issues involving race and gender in media and other aspects of life. I love how she intertwined social/cultural issues with pop culture as well as excerpts from her own life. 
  6. Brandy Melville Coin Purse: The last thing in my favorites is this coin purse. Not only do I love the quote (that Brandy copied from my favorite coffee shop), but it's also helped me try and organize the mess inside my purse. For now, I keep my in-ear headphones inside.
  7. March Playlist: This month's playlist is kind of repetitive. Sorry but I've just been obsessed with Pheobe Ryan and Jack Ü lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment